Monday, November 27, 2017

A Course in Miracles is not the Self-Help Movement

Let’s point out that there’s a difference between real spirituality and what has become accepted as spirituality in the last few decades, namely the self-help movement. It’s not my intention to put down the self-help movement. I’m not a hypocrite. I’ve used the self-help movement successfully in my life. It’s just that I know the difference between that and the real deal, and what my Teachers give me is the real deal. The self-help movement is about getting what you want, making things happen in the world, attracting things to you that are outside of you, and achieving your goals. That approach is based on a false premise. The premise is that if you get what you want it will make you happy. The truth is that if you get what you want it will only make you feel good for a short time. Then you’ll want something else. ~ The Lifetimes When Jesus and Buddha Knew Each Other
Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo

No comments:

Post a Comment