Saturday, March 24, 2018

God is Not Dead

Most of you Americans think it was Time Magazine in the 1960s that first said, "God is dead." But in the 1880s, Friedrich Nietzche first made that famous statement. That's a secret wish of the ego - to kill God and take over His throne - but Nietzche didn't know about that. While still in his forties, he collapsed into a state of dementia from which he never recovered.

People have always pondered the nature and origin of their existence. Many have assumed they found the answers, have formed countless philosophies. Yet only one man, who is no longer a man, has been able to truly explain your origin. Now of course I do not say this to put down Nietzche, who will find himself in God just as surely as everyone else will, I say it in order to emphasize the following words form A Course in Miracles:

There is no statement that the world is more afraid to hear than this; I do not know the thing I am, and therefore do not know what I am doing, where I am, or how to look upon the world or on myself. Yet in this learning is salvation born. And What you are will tell you of Itself.
~ The Disappearance of the Universe   Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo   Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo

No comments:

Post a Comment