Monday, January 29, 2018

Getting Annoyed

GARY: You know most of the time, I’ve been getting better and better at practicing forgiveness. It’s like when I was a guitar player I’d keep finding better ways to play, just by doing it. It’s the same with forgiveness. The more you do it the better you get at it. But one thing that bothers me is that even though I’ve been doing it for a long time, once in a while forgiveness is still really hard. Some things still push my buttons. And I heard Ken say that even he got annoyed once in a while. Does that ever end?

ARTEN: The time comes when, yes, it does end. It did for Ken. It takes much dedication and practice, and you’ll have the frustration you just mentioned. You’ll wonder if you’ll ever get to the point when nothing bothers you. When that happens, remember you can’t always see the results of your forgiveness and the healing results, and you can’t judge what you can’t see. The Course says, “It is not the function of God’s teachers to evaluate the outcome of their gifts. It is merely their function to give them.”23 Have faith, and the time will come when peace is totally restored to your mind, no matter what appears to happen. ~ The Lifetimes When Jesus and Buddha Knew Each Other   Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo

Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo   Facebook.com/DWMJF/photo

No comments:

Post a Comment